Makes one bundt cake, serves 9-12
- 270 g (1 3/4 cups + 2 1/2 tbsp.) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. flaky salt
- 175 g (1 1/2 stick) softened butter
- 270 g (1 1/4 cups) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest (from approx. 2 lemons)
- 3 large eggs
- 200 ml (3/4 cup + 1 1/2 tbsp.) yogurt (2-3 % fat), at room temp.
- 50 ml (3 1/2 tbsp) fresh lemon juice (of approx. 1-2 lemons)
- 180 g (1 1/4 cup) powdered sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream or milk
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Grease a 1,75 liter (7.5 cups) bundt pan with butter, then dust it with flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the lemon zest. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. The batter might curdle at this point but adding the flour mixture should fix that.
- Stir in the flour mixture, lemon juice and yogurt in additions to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour. Stir until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake in the lower part of the oven for 30-35 minutes (start checking around 25 minute) or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt. Stir until the icing is smooth, then add more lemon juice if needed. Pour or spoon the icing over the cake.